overseas territory of the UK
Reisboeken en Landkaarten
zie rechterkolom voor bestelinformatie
* HAYNE, Tricia - Cayman Islands, uitg.: Bradt Travel Guides (3e ed. 2008), ISBN 9781841622149, paperback, 224 blz., bevat 15 landkaarten en plattegronden, UITVERKOCHT - NIET MEER LEVERBAAR
The latest edition of Cayman Islands provides in-depth coverage of each of the country's three distinctive islands. Renowned for some of the world's best diving and snorkelling, the islands also offer numerous other activities, all of which are detailed in this thorough guide. Drag yourself away from those white-sand beaches and you can head off in search of iguanas, mysterious caves or even ghosts. The guide is complete with historical background information and natural history for those who want to dig deeper and unlock the true spirit of Cayman.
* PORTER, Darwin - Frommer's Portable Cayman Islands, uitg.: Wiley/Frommer (5e ed. sept. 2011), ISBN 9781118004296, paperback, 216 blz., UITVERKOCHT - NIET MEER LEVERBAAR
Insightful commentary on the best places to stay, dine, and enjoy the outdoors on Grand Cayman, Little Cayman, and Cayman Brac. Up-to-the-minute coverage of the hottest shopping and nightlife on all three islands. Reviews of our favorite Cayman Islands experiences, from exploring the coast in a submarine to swimming with stingrays to visiting the world's only green sea turtle farm. Insider tips on the best deals, the most overlooked--and the most overrated--attractions, and the best places to get away from the crowds.
* WOOD, Lawson - Dive The Cayman Islands, uitg.: New Holland (2e ed. 2009), ISBN 9781845378974, paperback, 176 blz., bevat ca. 100 kleurenfoto's, ISBN 9781845378974, UITVERKOCHT - NIET MEER LEVERBAAR
Every year growing numbers of divers and snorkellers venture in search of turquoise seas, fabulous coral walls and mythically beautiful marine life. This stunning series comprising 16 titles provides detailed coverage of the world's top diving destinations. Each guide is crammed with fully updated information, from descriptions of individual dive sites to valuable advice on techniques and equipment. The guides also feature handy travel tips. Featuring gorgeous, full-colour underwater photography and useful area maps, the Dive guides are indispensable companions for anyone planning a trip to the world's most exciting and challenging dive sites.
* BRADLEY, Patricia E. & Yves-Jacques Rey-Millet - A Photographic Guide to the Birds of the Cayman Islands, uitg.: Christopher Helm (2013), ISBN 9781408123645, paperback, 288 blz., Ä32,50
With a rich avifauna of more than 300 species, the three islands that make up the Cayman Islands - Grand Cayman, Little Cayman and Cayman Brac - form an increasingly popular birding destination. Although the islands' sole endemic species, Cayman Islands Thrush, was extinct by the 1940s, the islands have a healthy crop of regional scarcities and are an important migrant stopping point as they cross the Caribbean.
Containing hundreds of stunning photographs by Yves-Jacques Rey-Millet, A Photographic Guide to the Birds of the Cayman Islands, the latest addition to Helm's Photographic Guides series, provides full photographic coverage of every species on the Cayman Islands list. Concise text for each species includes identification, similar species, voice, habitats and behaviour, status and distribution.
* ITMB, Cayman Islands & Jamaica Travel Reference Map 1:37.500/1:250.000, ISBN 9781553411604, Ä11,95
* * * Reisboekhandel INTERGLOBE, Vinkenburgstraat 7, 3512 AA Utrecht * * *